Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Group Interview Experience- Piyush Singhal



Name: Piyush Singhal
Entrance Exam Percentile: 95.6
Programme and Batch: PGDM 2014-16
Work experience: 33 months

For WAT:
1.       How was your performance in the MBA entrance exam? Also share your overall WAT experience?
I feel I didn’t do well in my entrance exam, I had higher expectation with respect to my percentile. I would consider my WAT experience  to be decent as there was no right or wrong answer.

2.       What was your topic for WAT and what was your Time limit?
It was related to social media and values. Time limit was 20min

3.       What was your approach towards WAT and how would you rate your writing?
To pen down my thoughts in a structured manner, with proper example wherever possible. I would rate it 2.5/5.

4.       How did you prepare for WAT, your Time Management strategy?
I did not prepare for WAT in an exclusive manner.

5.       How did you Structured your essay writing along with the time constraint?
I divided my essay in terms of short description, my understanding, views and final comments.

6.       Was the topic tough for you to write? Please share the difficulty while outlining the structure for the essay and how you tackled the problem?
It was a very general topic and was definitely not a difficult one.

7.       Is there any advice for the aspirants who’d be appearing in the WAT test soon?
Stay calm and structure your thoughts before you pen them down
For GI-1:
1.       How many members were there in your interview board?
2
2.       How was your interview structured?
A question was asked and then that question floated in the room among the different students.
3.       Was there any tough question for you to answer?
No
4.       What were the key factors which you think influenced your selection at PI stage?
Clarity of thoughts. How crisp is your answer. Most importantly they observe if you are listening or not.
5.       How did you prepare for your PI?
I had several mock interview. Since I have changed my career path from IT to ops it became more important for me to prepare how to ans this.
6.       Did you appear for any other PI exercise at other top B-schools? Please share a few experiences (where you went wrong).
Bo, no luck!
7.       Any interesting moment from your PI which you would like to share with MBA aspirants
The panel was always looking for an awe factor. That may be in your personal life or professional life. They were looking beyond our academics.
8.      What is your advice to aspirants for Group Interview?
Don’t wait for an opportunity to talk about your strong points. Put them ASAP in succinct.
For GI-2:                                   
1.       How was your GI-2 experience different from GI-1?
My GI-2 involved more detailed discussion. Every point of my form was discussed from my studies to the sports I played to the football formation that I would play when I’m aggressive.
2.      What according to you was different/unique in your interview (ex: over Skype, Extremely technical, completely non technical etc.
Completely non-technical
3.      How was your selection post GI-1 communicated to you?
Through call
4.      How did you overcome your nervousness(if any) during the interview?
I talked with the people around, shared a joke or two, had chocolate and made sure I enjoy the entire process.
5.      What role did your background play during the interview process
My background had few things I could relate to ops which helped me prove my point to panelist that I’m can do well in this specialization.

No comments:

Post a Comment